Curried Chicken & Roasted Chickpea Salad Recipe
This salad recipe can be served as a stand-alone meal or as sides. It’s hearty and loaded with protein and good fats. You can serve this in lettuce boats or in chard/turnip green wraps. If you avoid legumes, omit the chickpeas and use almonds or pecans to keep that extra crunch.
Paleo Curried Chicken & Roasted Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 teaspoons yellow curry powder divided
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat shredded
- 3-4 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss chickpeas with oil, lime juice, 2 teaspoons curry powder, and a pinch of salt. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook until crispy and brown, around 35-40 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, apple, and onion. Stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, and remaining 2 teaspoons curry powder. Mix well. Add the roasted chickpeas and stir gently. Add extra mayonnaise, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.