Gluten Free Fusilli with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
We’ve taken a classic dish and given it a healthier spin. All the flavor you crave with none of the guilt! Using chickpea pasta instead of traditional gluten-free pasta gives this meat-free dish as much protein as a steak! Roasting the vegetables creates a depth of flavor and the good news is that your oven does most of the work.
We’ve taken a classic dish and given it a healthier spin by using chickpea pasta along side roasted vegetables. Luckily, your oven does most of the work.
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 6 wedges
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, deveined, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded, deveined, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 8-ounce packages chickpea fusilli or rotini
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese or dairy-free substitute plus more for serving
- 8 basil leaves chopped
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Combine the carrots, eggplant, onion, red and yellow peppers, garlic cloves, and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and the Italian seasoning. Mix well and divide the vegetables between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30-35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook according to the package directions. Reserve about a cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the rest.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.