Gluten Free Ratatouille Sandwiches Recipe
If it’s too cold to go outside and barbecue, that’s OK! You can still get all the flavor and smokiness of an old-fashioned cookout in your kitchen, in your very own slow cooker.
This is one of my favorite indoor barbecue recipes, I hope you enjoy it!
I love how the vegetables break down and create a delicious gravy after slow cooking all day. Cooked eggplant is the star of this dish, and it blends with the red onion and bell peppers in such a wonderful way.
Gluten Free Ratatouille Sandwiches
- 1 eggplant peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squashes thinly sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup prepared pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 gluten-free hamburger buns or hoagie rolls toasted
- 8 slices Swiss or provolone cheese
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the eggplant, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes into the insert. Add the pasta sauce, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the vegetables have broken down quite a bit and the onion is translucent. Serve on toasted gluten-free buns with a slice of cheese.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.