Winter Green Goddess Soup Recipe
Since the kale in this soup is not cooked, you’ll notice its flavor when blended with creamy avocados and juicy cucumbers. Be sure to use perfectly ripe avocados for extra creaminess and flavor. You can choose to use flat or curly kale, depending on your preference. I love the way this soup gives me energy without weighing me down during the winter months. Leftover soup can be used as a dressing or dip for veggies!
This warm winter soup includes lots of fresh produce, including kale, creamy avocados and juicy cucumbers for a heavy punch of vitamins.
- 2 large ripe avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cups finely chopped kale stems removed
- 1 large cucumber diced
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Drizzle of fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- Large pinch of chili powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Cooked quinoa millet, sorghum, or brown rice
- Fresh diced tomatoes, avocados, or scallions
- Fresh herbs such as cilantro and basil
Place all ingredients, except the optional toppings, in a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Transfer the soup to serving bowls and add your toppings of choice.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.