Gluten Free Green Bean Buddha Bowl with Tahini Drizzle Recipe
Cooking is all about creativity. Something I taught myself on my 10-year journey of chronic illness was to include creativity in my life – especially my food! While everyone else was out drinking beer and eating pizza (which I couldn’t do) I made my life extra special by using ingredients such as tahini, lemon juice, fresh herbs, brightly colored fruits and veggies to whip up extraordinary meals that made me happy and helped with my healing. We can eat all the kale in the world and still be unhealthy, which is why it’s so important to focus on the mind-body connection and have fun in your kitchen. This is just the recipe to get you started!
Green Bean Buddha Bowl with Tahini Drizzle Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head curly kale or 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 Honeycrisp apples thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons warm tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork to create small holes. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a separate rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes and cauliflower for 30-40 minutes or until very tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, steam the green beans on the stove top.
- In a large bowl, massage the kale with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil until the leaves are tender and dark green.Add the potatoes, cauliflower, green beans, cabbage, and apples. Drizzle with the tahini and lemon juice. Garnish with the lemon zest and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.