Gluten Free Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl with Coconut Basil Dressing Recipe
I started creating my own salad dressings when I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and had to cut out the processed dressings that were loaded with sugars and fake ingredients that spiked my blood sugar. I felt lost and deprived until I started whipping up my own dressings and dips for my veggie bowls using avocado, hummus, and coconut milk. This recipe is just the thing you need for a weeknight meal or a weekend lunch; it’s filling, full of fiber and lots of protein and healthy fats to keep you satisfied and happy. Dig in!
Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl with Coconut Basil Dressing Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 heads broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 12 ounce can full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight in the fridge
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup white quinoa
- 4 large button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons raw walnuts
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork to create small holes. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the broccoli florets on a separate rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes and broccoli for 30-40 minutes or until very tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- In a small bowl, scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of the chilled can of coconut milk. Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut water remaining in the can and whisk together until smooth. Add more coconut water, if needed. Add apple cider vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, broccoli, quinoa, mushrooms, cilantro, and walnuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the dressing from the refrigerator, whisk, and drizzle over the bowl. Add crushed red pepper, to taste, and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.