Gluten Free Watermelon, Heirloom Tomato & Feta Salad Recipe
Made with summer’s juiciest fruits, this vibrant salad is as refreshing as it is nutritious. The sweetness of the fruit complements the salty, creamy notes in the feta and the tang of the dressing.
Made with summer’s juiciest fruits, this vibrant salad is as refreshing as it is nutritious.
- 1 ounce baby arugula roughly chopped
- 2 large yellow tomatoes cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 cups large-diced seedless watermelon
- 3 mini cucumbers seeded, quartered lengthwise, and cut into ¾-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 ounce block of feta cheese cut into ½-inch cubes (about ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
Place the arugula, tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, feta, basil, and mint in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss gently to coat, and serve.
This salad is best served within an hour of preparing it.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.