Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pickled Pulled Pork Recipe
For casual entertaining, nothing is easier than pulled pork sandwiches. You throw everything into a slow cooker and pretty much walk away. The slow cooker works its magic and you end up looking like a culinary genius. This gluten free pickled pulled pork recipe is especially good, with its tangy veggies to counteract the fattiness of the pork. Plus, it’s kind of fun to say “pickled pulled pork”!
I used Tillen Farms pickled carrots and dilly beans in my recipe. If you like a little more heat, you can use their spicy dilly beans.
I start the pulled pork in the slow cooker, make the coleslaw, and put it in the fridge and then I am pretty much free to do anything I want until party time. Couldn’t be easier or more delicious.
- 1 (5-6 pound) boneless pork butt or shoulder
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Tillen Farms Pickled Crunchy Carrots with liquid
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Tillen Farms Pickled Dilly Beans with liquid
- 1 (8-ounce) jar pickled banana peppers with liquid
- 1 yellow or white onion chopped
- 12 ounces gluten free beer
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tablespoon sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 8 gluten free hamburger buns
Generously season the pork with salt and pepper on all sides. Place in a slow cooker. Pour in the pickled carrots, dilly beans, and banana peppers along with their liquids. Top with the onion and pour the beer over top. Cook on high for 7 – 8 hours or until the pork is tender and pulls apart easily.
In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar or honey, vinegar, ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and whisk until creamy. Stir in the coleslaw mix, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
When the pork is done, transfer the meat to a large dish or platter. Using a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables from the slow cooker and add to the pork. Using two forks, shred the meat and vegetables. Serve on gluten free hamburger buns with the coleslaw.