Holiday Gift Wrapping
With simple household materials, you can change your “brown paper packages, tied up with string” into the prettiest works of art. My daughter, “Milla Plum,” and I gathered several things that we already had to create unique, one of a kind gift wrap. A lovely, personal touch for that special someone.
1. Wrap your gifts up in brown craft or butcher paper and let the fun begin.
3. We painted thick circles on each side of the package. We decided to layer the paint on a little thick to create texture.
Here are some other ideas:
– Using brightly colored yarn, tie old wooden spools into your bows and knots for a pretty homemade feel.
– Use stamps, stickers, or pretty paper tape as another option to create your own, personalized gift wrap pattern.
– Create yarn pompoms, using your hands or a pom pom maker, and use them to adorn your gifts instead of a bow.
– Let your kids paint a pretty picture atop brown or white paper or let them color with crayons or markers. Use their artwork as gift wrap. The perfect choice for the grandparents, perhaps? Have fun and get creative! Your kids will love to get in on the gift wrapping fun and will be extra excited to deliver their personal work of art to that special someone.
Written by Miss James Kicinski. Find her at BleuBirdBlog.com