Steak Burrito Bowls Recipe
This is one of our family’s favorite ways to use up leftovers. You can be creative and add whatever you have on hand. The following is our preferred combination of mix-ins, but feel free to use whatever sounds good to you.
This recipe was part of a “cook once, eat twice” spread in the magazine that offered ways to repurpose your leftovers from one recipe to another. To see where the leftovers used in this recipe came from, check out this Citrus Marinated Skirt Steak with Grilled Asparagus & Jasmine Rice recipe.
- 1 lime juiced, divided
- ½ cup cilantro roughly chopped, divided
- 2 cups jasmine rice leftover
- citrus skirt steak Leftover, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn frozen, thawed and drained
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup gluten-free salsa
- ½ cup sour cream optional
In a large mixing bowl, mix half of the lime juice and half of the cilantro into the leftover rice. Add steak, corn, avocado, lettuce, black beans, and cheese. Top with the remaining lime juice, remaining cilantro, and the salt. Toss all ingredients together.
Divide between 4 serving bowls and serve with salsa and sour cream (if using) on the side.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.