Banana Coconut Walnut Bars Recipe
These breakfast bars are so filling, you won’t even realize you didn’t have a giant starchy breakfast. The protein and natural ingredients keep you energized and full all morning. And yes, it seems like the ingredient list never ends but I promise it’s an easy recipe! When I see a recipe with a long list, I immediately start with mise en place, which is a French culinary term that means getting everything in place before you start cooking. It’s very helpful to avoid being overwhelmed!
- 1 cup coconut flour sifted
- ⅓ cup chia seed meal
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey or agave or ⅛ cup honey + 1 dropper of liquid vanilla stevia
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 2-3 overripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a glass 9x13-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs and add in the vanilla, honey, almond milk, mashed bananas, and coconut oil. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and blend well. Fold in the walnuts.
Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are brown and the middle is firm. Slice into squares.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.