5 ways to maximize your time this summer
Whether you have kids and want to squeeze in any last-minute summer activities before they head back to school next month or whether you just want to relax and enjoy every bit of sunshine and warm weather, here are 5 ways to maximize your time this summer.
- Shop smart. Write your grocery list in order of where the products are in the store. Some of you might already do this but if you don’t, it’s time you start. Organizing your grocery list takes seconds but it saves a lot of time when you’re shopping and allows you to zoom through the store with ease.
- Clean as you go. Wipe down the sink, toilet, kitchen countertops, etc. with disinfectant wipes or a rag in between deep cleanings to keep things neat and tidy. This helps prevent you from scrambling to clean before guests arrive or spending an entire afternoon cleaning house. When your home is clean you feel like you have more time to enjoy doing other activities.
- Dress to impress. Pick out your clothes for work/events ahead of time and hang any jewelry or accessories on the hanger with them. Put a beach bag with a swimsuit and extra change of clothes in the trunk of your car for any last-minute beach trips.
- Get delivery. Meal delivery, that is. Green Chef meal delivery service is USDA Organic and the first of its kind to become Certified Gluten Free by the Gluten Intolerance Group. You can get a subscription to Green Chef and have ready-to-cook meals that are portioned out with everything you need (seasonings and all!) with easy-to-follow recipe instructions included. This can save you a ton of time with meal prep and can also help you stick to your diet and reduce your risk of losing time this summer from dining out and getting glutened. Right now, you can save $40 off your first delivery.
- Snack prep. Make snacks ahead of time and put them in individual baggies for a quick grab-and-go snack. You can portion out chips, gluten-free granola, dried fruit/veggies, fresh fruit/veggies, etc. so that you don’t have to let hunger prevent you from going on a spur-of-the-moment adventure! And if you have leftovers from your Green Chef meal, you can package this and have it the next day for lunch or portion it out for mid-afternoon snacks.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe from Green Chef
Of all these tips, I have to say that meal delivery will likely save you the most time. Cooking doesn’t always take a long time but sometimes the prep work does and for some, even thinking of the prep work and working yourself up to get started is actually what takes up more time. Green Chef takes away both the hesitation to cook at home and most of the prep time.
I hope you enjoy all the fun moments summer brings you! Maximize your time and you’ll have that much more energy and time to spend on the things you love this season.