Simply Gluten Free gets a makeover
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Step right up and grab a glass of champagne, because we’re celebrating! Simply Gluten Free’s website, as you may have noticed, has just received a makeover. We’ve worked long and hard to get the site redesigned and we’re so very proud and happy to share this with you, our loyal readers.
And, not to mention, this month happens to be the blog’s 11th birthday! So that gives us double the reason to celebrate.
The overall drive to update and improve the Simply Gluten Free website was to create a cleaner, more organized, and user-friendly experience and a more cohesive look throughout each section of the site.
We’ve added new features* to our recipes, including:
- Nutrition facts labels
- Adjustable serving sizes that convert ingredients to the proper amounts
- The ability to give recipes a star rating (be sure to rate your favorite recipes!)
Our site has grown a lot since 2007. We have more than 2,400 blog posts on the website, so we needed to find better ways to help users see more of that content and discover useful articles and recipes that were there all along but that may not have been so easy to find.
Here are some ways we did that:
- We removed content that is no longer relevant or up-to-date and refreshed some content that is still tried-and-true information, with the goal of bringing the most useful content to the forefront for users to easily access.
- We created Wellness, Lifestyle, and Gluten-Free 101 sections and made them prominent and accessible to users. We will be adding more articles from the magazine to these sections in an effort to make the site more well-rounded to gluten-free lifestyle tips/guidance.
- We added a Coupons page to help our readers save money on great gluten-free products!
- Our Recommends section is better organized for ease of use, with separate categories to help make searching easier.
- Our Giveaways section has a simpler look. (Don’t forget, you can enter each giveaway each and every day, plus get 2 bonus entries per day for sharing on social media!)
- Because our site is so large, we’ve created a “Start Here” page, which gives an intro to the site and offers links to some of the most helpful and popular articles or sections of the website. Click here to see that page.
We hope our longtime readers fall in love all over again with our site. We think you will find the new look more appealing and that you will be better able to navigate and find new things on the site. We also hope that you’ll want to share the site with friends and family who are living gluten-free and allergen-free lives.
For our new visitors, we hope you’ll dive in and explore the many recipes and articles we have to offer. We want new users to see our site as a go-to resource for years to come.
*Please note that some recipes do not yet have these features, but we are almost finished getting this completed for every recipe.
WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK
Please post your questions, comments, or likes/dislikes in the comment section below or email [email protected]. We’re only human, so there may be minor kinks to work out on this newly designed site. Feel free to let us know if you find ANY errors (spelling, incomplete recipe info, or broken links that go to pages that say “404/page not found”). This way, we can promptly make corrections and continue creating a better user experience for YOU!