Gluten-Free Arugula Walnut Pesto Recipe
This delicious pesto is a versatile condiment that will add flavor to your dishes. Try it in my Pesto Cauliflower “Rice” with Spiced Roasted Chickpeas or use it in one of these ways:
• Serve over roasted meats or fish.
• Mix into cooked pasta, quinoa, or rice and top with additional toasted walnuts and Parmesan.
• Freeze the pesto in the cubes of an ice cube tray. Add a cube or two to winter soups and stews for a flavor boost.
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
Combine the arugula, walnuts, cheese (if using), garlic, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and olive oil in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until combined into a sauce. Season to taste with salt. (Pesto can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.)
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.