Gluten-Free Warm Tomato Chutney Recipe
This warm tomato chutney is a delicious homemade condiment that adds flavor to a variety of dishes. Try taking your chicken from bland to brilliant with my Middle Eastern Marinated Chicken with Warm Tomato Chutney recipe that uses this chutney, or check out these other ways to use it:
• Serve the chutney as a topping for grilled or roasted meats.
• Add a few spoonfuls to warm rice or quinoa for a flavorful side dish.
• Mix a few spoonfuls into sautéed shrimp.
Gluten-Free Warm Tomato Chutney
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds, shallot, and cinnamon stick. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is tender and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, honey, ginger, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have broken down into a chunky sauce and the juices have reduced, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, remove the cinnamon stick, and stir in the parsley. (Chutney will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.)
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.