Middle Eastern Marinated Chicken with Warm Tomato Chutney
Using my homemade Warm Tomato Chutney recipe, this meal really comes to life! It’s delicious, grain- and dairy-free, and is sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves minced or finely grated
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Warm Tomato Chutney for serving
Cut the chicken breasts in half crosswise to form palm-sized pieces. Whisk the coconut milk, lemon juice and zest, garlic, cumin, coriander, and salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade (discard remaining marinade). Arrange in an even layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned. Serve topped with the chutney.
Nutrition facts do not include the Warm Tomato Chutney. See that recipe's nutrition facts here.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.