Gluten-Free French Bread Pesto Pizza with Chicken & Tomatoes
This is a definite go-to shortcut meal in my house. It takes minutes to prep, cook, and get on the table. The whole family loves this one and I probably make it more often than I should admit.
- 2 loaves gluten-free French bread or baguettes , thawed (I used Udi’s French Baguettes)
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto*
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup pre-cooked chicken breast* (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese*
- Parmesan cheese shavings , for serving (optional)
Arrange the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
Cut bread in half lengthwise. Place halved baguettes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Spread pesto on each piece of bread. Top with half the tomatoes and half the chicken. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella. Top with the remaining tomatoes and chicken.
Bake until the bread is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Top with Parmesan shavings, if desired. Cut each half into 2 pieces for serving.
*I noted the supermarket shortcut items in the ingredient lists with an asterisk and additional comments, so you know exactly where you’re saving some time.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.