Gluten-Free Hazelnut Granola Parfaits with Summer Fruits
Summer time! For a foodie, it’s the most wonderful time of the year because nothing beats the abundance of fresh and juicy fruits ready to be feasted on. These Gluten-Free Hazelnut Granola Parfaits with Summer Fruits are a simple yet beautiful way to frill up a bowl of seasonal fruit.
Hazelnut Granola Parfaits with Summer Fruits
For the Hazelnut Granola:
- 3 cups gluten-free large flake oats
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup coconut shavings
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup agave
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Parfaits:
- ½ cup Hazelnut Granola
- ⅔ cup coconut yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- ½ cup summer fruits of choice (I used pineapple and raspberries)
For the granola:
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients – oats, hazelnuts, almonds, coconut shavings, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil on medium high heat, add agave and vanilla, and mix to combine. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola onto tray as evenly as you can. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven after the first 10 minutes and give it a quick stir to ensure all sides are evenly toasted. When golden, remove from oven and let cool completely. Break into pieces.
For the parfaits:
- Divide yogurt between two jars. Top each with ¼ cup hazelnut granola and ¼ cup fresh fruits of choice.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.