Fresh Fruit Platter with Chocolate Mousse Dip
If you ask me, those ultra-ripe summer fruits are best enjoyed in their most natural form. No need to bake or stew when they taste so good.
But, if you do want to frill up a platter or bowl of fresh fruits, there are many easy and delicious ways to do it. This chocolate mousse dip is one of my favorite ways to serve up a beautiful platter of fruit. Choose whichever fruits you like and get creative with the arrangement.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight and strained
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk, plus more if needed
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh summer fruits of choice, for dipping (I used pineapple, grapes, kiwi, banana, and raspberries)
In a blender, add soaked/strained cashews, coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk, and salt. Blend until smooth. Add additional splashes of almond milk to thin, 1 teaspoon at a time, if too thick to blend.
Scoop mousse into a bowl, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Slice up your favorite summer fruits and arrange onto a serving dish. Divide chocolate mousse between two ramekins for dipping.
Nutrition facts does not include the fruit; this is only calculated for the chocolate mousse.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.