Kale Waldorf Salad
No summer recipe repertoire is complete without a go-to, reliable kale salad. I serve this one often and everyone loves it. Celery, apples, and walnuts give the dish that classic Waldorf flair while also adding color and crunch. Dried cranberries and a drizzle of honey add sweetness that helps to cut the kale’s bitterness.
- 1 medium apple , such as Gala or Pink Lady, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Toss the diced apple with the lemon juice in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the kale, celery, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Toss to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard until emulsified. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Make It a Meal: Serve topped with sliced grilled chicken.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.