This Shrimp Boil is a fun way to entertain guests for the summer. It’s less messy and less expensive than serving crab, but equally as delicious!
Course: Main Course
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 849 kcal
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle gluten-free beer
- ½ cup seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay), plus more for serving
- 8 cloves garlic , smashed
- 1 tablespoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 lemons , plus more wedges for serving
- 8 medium red potatoes , cut into quarters
- 2 large white onions , cut into wedges
- 2 pounds gluten-free smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 ears corn , cut in half
- 4 pounds large shrimp, in shells
- Melted butter or dairy-free butter substitute
- Hot sauce
In a large pot, combine the water, beer, seafood seasoning, garlic, and salt. Squeeze the juice from the lemons into the water and add the lemons to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and onions and cook for 8 minutes. Add the sausage and corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp have curled and are opaque.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables, sausage, and shrimp to a serving platter (or place on newspaper) and sprinkle with a little seafood seasoning. Serve the broth in mugs, if desired.
Serve with lemon wedges, melted butter, and hot sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 849 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35g 54%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Cholesterol 652mg 217%
Sodium 3676mg 153%
Potassium 1738mg 50%
Total Carbohydrates 63g 21%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 68g 136%
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 62.5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.