Gluten-Free Baked Veggie Spaghetti
This is a simple one-dish meal that can be doubled for a crowd. You can also change up the vegetables. For example, it is great with cubed butternut squash in place of the zucchini.
Baked Veggie Spaghetti
Course: Main Course
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 146 kcal
- 8 ounces hot Italian chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed
- 2 small zucchinis , quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 ounces gluten-free spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with a small amount of olive oil.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add sausage, zucchini, and onion. Cook about 10 minutes, breaking the sausage up with a spoon, until the zucchini is crisp-tender and the sausage is no longer pink. Drain off any excess drippings.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, spaghetti pieces, water, salt, and pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish. Make sure all spaghetti pieces are covered with liquid. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Remove foil and sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella on top and place under broiler for 1 minute. Watch carefully so the cheese does not burn.
Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. When ready to serve, top each serving with basil.
Baked Veggie Spaghetti
Amount Per Serving
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Vitamin A 315IU6%
Vitamin C 22.9mg28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.