Gluten-Free Beer Braised Brisket
This Gluten-Free Beer Braised Brisket is made simply in the slow cooker and is full of delicious flavor and tender texture. Serve over mashed potatoes for a classic, all-American meal.
For more recipes that use gluten-free beer or to read articles about gluten-free beer, check out our gluten-free beer page.
- 3-4 pounds beef chuck or pot roast
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 medium white or yellow onion , sliced into rings
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle gluten-free beer
- Mashed potatoes , for serving
Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Put the meat into the bottom of the slow cooker insert. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, cumin, coffee, brown sugar, salt, and garlic. Rub this paste on all sides of the meat. Separate the onion rings and place on top of the meat. Pour in the beer.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat is fork tender. Serve on top of a bed of mashed potatoes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.