Gluten-Free Beer Chowder
This Gluten-Free Beer Chowder uses just 6 ingredients and is made easily in the slow cooker. It’s a simple, flavorful soup.
For more recipes that use gluten-free beer or to read articles about gluten-free beer, check out our gluten-free beer page.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle gluten-free beer
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put all ingredients except the cream cheese and shredded cheese into the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 7 hours, or until potatoes can mash easily with a fork. Mash with a large fork or potato masher, or pulse with a handheld immersion blender. Stir in softened cream cheese and shredded cheese. When the cheeses have melted completely, serve.
Tip: Serve this chowder in gluten-free bread bowls. Simply take a store-bought or homemade bread loaf (unsliced) and carve a hole at the top. Scoop out some of the inside of the bread and fill with chowder.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.