Salmon Salad with Avocados, Pumpkin & Hemp Seeds
This is a main-dish salad that only takes minutes to put together, yet it is full of nutrient-dense immune boosting ingredients. This one packs such a healthy punch but at the same time is impressive enough that you can serve it up to guests when entertaining.
- 4 (4-ounce) fillets wild caught, skin-on salmon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups baby kale
- ½ cup thinly slivered fennel
- 1 medium ripe avocado , peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets, skin side up, and cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the golden raisins to the pan to soften.
In a large bowl, toss spinach, kale, fennel, and avocado with vinaigrette and lemon juice; divide greens between 4 plates. Place salmon and raisins over greens on each plate and top with pumpkin and hemp seeds.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.