Skillet BBQ Beef & Peppers Recipe
Some recipes are so simple, a monkey could make them! This Skillet BBQ Beef & Peppers is one of those recipes. It uses 4 ingredients, not including oil, salt, and pepper. Plus, it takes about 10-15 minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook. It’s the kind of meal that is great to whip up before you go out on the town tonight for New Year’s, if going out to dinner isn’t in your plans. Or you can use this recipe during the week when you need some quick and satisfying.
For the barbecue sauce, I used San-J Korean BBQ Sauce. Korean BBQ sauce adds some tang, spice, and more depth of flavor than traditional barbecue sauce, and it ties this whole dish together. The rest of the ingredients are very straight-forward – flank steak, bell peppers (and color), and onion.
I hope you all have a safe New Year’s Eve and a very happy, healthy 2020!
Want more recipes using Asian sauces? Check out our other San-J recipes here.
Skillet BBQ Beef & Peppers
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers , seeded, deveined, and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow or white onion , cut into 12 wedges
- ¾ cup San-J Korean BBQ Sauce
- Cut the flank steak across the grain into ¼-inch strips. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook, stirring frequently, until it is browned, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer from the skillet to a plate.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until they are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add the beef and barbecue sauce to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.