Taco Tuesday Casserole
I enjoy comfort food – if I can curl up on the couch with a bowl of something hot and delicious while binge-watching Netflix, I’m all for it. This gluten-free Taco Tuesday Casserole does just that. It’s a simple and easy recipe to make in the slow cooker.
- ½ cup long grain brown rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet gluten-free taco seasoning
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- Optional toppings: sour cream - shredded cheese
Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Place the rice into the bottom of the slow cooker insert and add the entire can of tomatoes with juice and the drained kidney beans. Top with taco seasoning and stir in water. Add stew meat.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. Your casserole is finished when the rice has become bite tender – it’s okay if it breaks in half. Serve in wide-mouthed bowls with a spoonful of sour cream and a handful of shredded cheese, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.