Vegan Bites Recipe
This Vegan Bites Recipe is easy to prepare and can be served with a variety of sauces. It’s great for entertaining guests with multiple food preferences.
Servings: 15 bites
- 1 medium carrot , peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce/450-gram) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion , peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 15 Kalamata olives , pitted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly grease with olive oil, and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the carrot, chickpeas, onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and blend until finely chopped, but not too smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the oat flour and stir everything together until well combined.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it into a ball in your hands. Repeat with the rest of the mixture; you should end up with 15 balls. Place the veggie balls on the prepared baking sheet and brush them with the remaining olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven once both sides are browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then poke with toothpicks, add an olive to each ball, and transfer them to a plate.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 725IU15%
Vitamin C 1.2mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.