African Peanut Butter Soup
Being gluten-free, I found that it’s just easier to find a way to re-create restaurant food favorites at home. This African Peanut Butter Soup Recipe is simple to make, with only five ingredients and uses a slow cooker. It’s great to make for the family and on weekends!
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced or crushed tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 medium yellow onion - peeled and quartered
- 8 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- Kosher or fine sea salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
Place the contents of the can of tomatoes and the onion into a food processor and pulse until the onion is finely diced.
Pour the tomatoes and onion into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add vegetable broth and chili powder. Stir, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until onion is translucent. Stir in peanut butter.
Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes. Stir well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve in a wide-mouthed bowl with a dollop of sour cream in the center of each bowl, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.