Homemade tacos are the perfect busy weeknight dinner and family meal. These Korean Tacos are easy to make in the slow cooker and uses five simple ingredients (not including water, oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar). Enjoy these homemade, international tacos on any day!
- 4 pounds lean beef roast
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Kosher or fine sea salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Corn tortillas or gluten-free brown rice tortillas - for serving
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the meat into the slow cooker insert and add the brown sugar and soy sauce. Cook for 8-10 hours, or until the meat shreds easily between two forks.
In a mixing bowl, combine the coleslaw mix and rice wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and a dash of soy sauce.
Serve shredded meat with slaw onto warmed tortillas.
We like to serve ours with lime wedges, if you don’t mind adding one more ingredient!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.