Dairy-Free Piña Colada Ice Cream Recipe
If you like piña coladas … you’ll love this Dairy-Free Piña Colada Ice Cream Recipe! Pineapple and coconut are the epitome of summer, and this luscious dairy-free and refined sugar-free ice cream is a fine example of that.
First, this is refined sugar-free thanks to the use of agave, which is really great to use for ice cream because, unlike sugar, it helps keep ice crystals from forming. I used Wholesome’s Organic Blue Agave, which is also Fair Trade Certified. And second, this is dairy-free thanks to the use of coconut milk.
While I’m on the subject of Wholesome, I’d like to make a mention of Wholesome’s Sweet Relief Baking Pack. Proceeds from the sale of each of these discounted baking bundles will be donated to Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund. Order yours today!
The best part of this ice cream, besides how tasty it is, is that it is made simply without the use of an ice cream machine. One other note I’d like to make is that I have a big food processor, so if you have a small one this recipe can be halved easily.
Yes, I like piña coladas … and piña colada ice cream, too!
Piña Colada Ice Cream
- 8 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 (13.3-ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream
- ½ cup Wholesome Organic Blue Agave
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Toasted unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the pineapple chunks in an even layer and freeze for at least 8 hours. Refrigerate the coconut cream for the same amount of time.
- Place the pineapple in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse in long pulses until the pineapple is finely chopped. Add the coconut cream, agave, vanilla, and salt and pulse a few times to combine. Process, scrapping down the sides often, until smooth and light, about 3 minutes.
- Can be served immediately as a soft serve ice cream or placed in an airtight container and put in the freezer to harden. Can be stored for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- Serve garnished with toasted coconut flakes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.