Gluten-Free Simple Peach Cobbler
Summer is here and there is no better summertime dessert than a classic, Simple Peach Cobbler. This recipe requires a few basic ingredients, gets mixed up in a matter of minutes, and then baked for about 30-40. Your home will be filled with that sweet smell of warm cobbler in no time!
This is great if you need to whip up a dessert for company (though some of us aren’t having a lot of company over these days, but perhaps close family for Father’s Day today) or if you’re just in the mood for a special dessert to serve after dinner to your immediate family.
This recipe uses Kinnikinnick’s all-purpose flour blend, a combination of white rice flour, potato starch and tapioca starch. It’s free from gluten (of course), dairy, tree nuts, peanuts, and soy.
This recipe is versatile. You can make a fruit cobbler of another kind, perhaps blueberry or cherry, using the same recipe. You can also swap the milk, butter, and whipped cream for dairy-free alternatives if you need to make this dairy-free.
Happy summer, everyone! I hope this season brings us all some much-needed relaxation and brighter days.
Simple Peach Cobbler
- 1 cup Kinnikinnick All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups sliced peaches , fresh or frozen and thawed
- Fresh or whipped cream for serving , if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the milk.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet. Pour in the batter and scatter the peaches on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the batter is set and golden brown.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.