Gluten-Free Summer Corn Salad Recipe
Summer officially begins tomorrow! If the weather is nice tomorrow, I’ll be lounging by the pool with my family. We’ll probably bring out the grill and whip up some lunch outdoors. To accompany the grilled meats and veggie burgers, we’ll have this delicious veggie-rich Summer Corn Salad.
This salad is great because you can chop the veggies ahead of time and throw it together the day you plan to eat it, or make the whole thing ahead of time. It doesn’t take too long to make, it’s mostly just the chopping that requires time, but you could enlist the help of others in your household and cut the chopping time in half (did you see the double puns there?).
This salad is refreshing and light thanks to the simple dressing made of oil and Marukan seasoned rice vinegar, which is also what makes it nice to bring to a backyard barbecue or potluck (it doesn’t use mayo like other summer salads might).
Summer Corn Salad
- 8 ears corn , husked or 32 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes , cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded deveined and diced
- ½ red onion , diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 jalapeno pepper , deveined, seeded, and minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Marukan Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher or fine sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- If using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the ears. Blanch the fresh or frozen corn for 3 minutes and drain.
- Place in a large mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients and toss well. Can be served at room temperature or chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.