Hawaiian Pimento Cheese Recipe
We’re in the midst of football season and although I’ve never been a huge football fan, I can appreciate the passion and comradery that takes place while fans gather to watch a game. And more importantly, I can appreciate the food that’s served while watching a game. That IS the best part, am I right?! This Hawaiian Pimento Cheese recipe is proof that the best part of football season is the food.
This really delicious dip is great for watching sports, watching movies, casual entertaining, or just because! I myself am a huge pimento cheese fan, but I got to thinking … what if I add a bit of a Polynesian twist? With the help of San-J’s gluten-free Sweet & Tangy Sauce and crushed pineapple, I did just that. Serve this dip with your favorite gluten-free crackers. If you’d like to add a little heat to this cheese dip, you can add a finely minced jalapeño pepper.
Go Team Pimento Cheese!
Hawaiian Pimento Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup San-J gluten free Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- ¼ red onion , finely minced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, smashing with a fork or back of the spoon to blend well. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Serve with gluten free crackers and fresh vegetables.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.