Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin pie is the quintessential Thanksgiving dessert. And this pumpkin pie is very likely the most allergen-friendly version I can think of. It is gluten free, dairy free, and egg free. But it is really delicious with all the flavor of classic pumpkin pie. Trust me, no one will miss the gluten, dairy, or eggs!
And it so easy! With the exception of about 10 minutes in the oven to bake the crust, this recipe sets up in the refrigerator, leaving your oven free for so many other things like turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole and such.
I put a little twist to the crust using ground up gluten free gingersnaps but if gingersnaps aren’t your thing, feel free to substitute with gluten free graham cracker crumbs or really any gluten free cookie crumbs you like. You could also prepare this is a pre-baked traditional gluten free pie crust.
Need more dessert ideas? Browse more gluten-free pie recipes for your Thanksgiving meal.
Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups gluten free gingersnap cookie crumbs (or other cookie crumbs) – from 3 cups cookies, ground up
- 6 tablespoons dairy free butter , melted
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons corn starch, tapioca starch, or arrowroot powder
- ¾ cup Wholesome Organic Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dairy free whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with gluten free non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted dairy free butter and mix well. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with ¼ cup of the coconut milk until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan combine the remaining coconut milk with the sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook and whisk until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, whisking well. Take off the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pumpkin to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Can be made 2-3 days ahead.
- Serve with dairy free whipped cream.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.