Gluten-Free Penne Arrabbiata
Warm up with spicy, flavorful comfort food! This delicious Gluten-Free Penne Arrabbiata is a classic Italian dish you’ll love. Arrabbiata is a spicy pasta sauce made from garlic, tomatoes, and dried red chilies cooked in olive oil.
Made with a whole bunch of products from North America’s oldest specialty company, Pastene, this dish comes together easily. Pastene makes gluten-free pasta, tomato sauce, olive oil, arborio rice, and many other Italian specialties. Please note that not all of their pasta is gluten-free, but you can see the full range of Pastene’s gluten-free products here.
Another ingredient used in this recipe is Calabrian chili peppers, which are traditional Italian peppers. You can find these jarred at your local grocery store or at specialty stores.
Hungry for more? Check out more gluten-free pasta recipes.
Gluten-Free Penne Arrabbiata Recipe
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 12 ounces Pastene Gluten-Free Penne Rigate
- 4 tablespoons Pastene Extra-Virgin Olive Oil , plus more for serving
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped Calabrian chilies
- 1 tablespoon Pastene Minced Garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can Pastene Kitchen Ready Pasta Sauce (Seasoned Starter Sauce)
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese , for serving
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook for 9 minutes.
- While the penne is cooking, make the sauce. Place 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large cold skillet. Add the chilies and garlic, turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but the garlic is not browning, about 4 minutes. Add the sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer until the penne is ready. Reserve some of the starchy cooking liquid from the penne and drain. Add to the sauce and let simmer for another 2 minutes adding some of the reserved cooking liquid is needed. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the basil.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.