Gluten-Free Crab Rangoon Dip
Crab Rangoon is off-limits at local Chinese food restaurants if you’re on a gluten-free diet, so if you’ve missed the flavor of this classic appetizer, you might just love this Gluten-Free Crab Rangoon Dip! It’s pretty darn delicious and really easy to throw together.
All of the ingredients in this recipe are typically gluten-free naturally, with the exception of soy sauce. Soy sauce often contains wheat unless you get gluten-free soy sauce or tamari soy sauce which is made with just soybeans and no wheat. I used San-J’s Reduced Sodium Tamari in this recipe, which is pretty readily available in major grocery stores and online.
I served this dip with gluten-free crackers but another idea is to make this gluten-free wonton wrapper dough recipe and cut the dough to fit a mini muffin pan and gently press them into the pan (lightly spray the wells with gluten-free cooking spray first). Lightly spray the wrappers with the cooking spray and then bake for about 8 minutes, or until light golden brown and crispy. Let cool and then remove from the pan. Fill them with the dip or serve them alongside the dip.
Check out more gluten-free recipes using San-J sauces.
Gluten-Free Crab Rangoon Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1¼ cups (5 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced (dark green parts divided)
- 1 tablespoon San-J Reduced Sodium Tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces lump crab meat
- Gluten-free crackers , for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ¾ cup cheese, the white and light green parts of the green onions, tamari, sesame oil, Sriracha, and garlic powder. Stir until fully combined. Stir in the crab meat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Top with the dark green parts of the green onion and serve with crackers.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.