Gluten-Free Enchilada Skillet Rice
Quick, fast, and in a hurry! That’s the name of the game with this Enchilada Skillet Rice recipe. Cook the rice while you chop your veggies, open the cans of beans and enchilada sauce, and measure your ingredients. Once the rice is done, you’ll have everything ready to go. The cooking process is fast once this prep is out of the way, which makes this a great weeknight gluten-free side dish.
To make sure this dish is gluten-free, you’re going to want to get gluten-free enchilada sauce, as many enchilada sauces use wheat flour as a thickener. Luckily, Hatch brand makes gluten-free enchilada sauce and it’s divine! The rest of these ingredients will be naturally gluten-free, but you still want to check labels on things like spices.
To turn this side dish into a main dish, just add 2 cups of cooked chicken (chopped or shredded) when you add the corn, rice, and beans.
Get more of my quick and easy gluten-free recipes.
Gluten-Free Enchilada Skillet Rice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded, deveined, and diced
- 1 poblano pepper , seeded, deveined, and diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder , depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the corn, rice, beans, and enchilada sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese, top with cilantro, and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.