Gluten Free Passover Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
This Gluten Free Passover Banana Chocolate Chip Cake recipe has only 6 ingredients and is so easy to make. It is light, airy, and has just the perfect amount of sweetness. It comes together quickly and is a wonderful way to end a holiday meal.
Passover Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
- 7 eggs , separated
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup (240 mL) ripe mashed bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- ¾ cup (143 g) potato starch
- 1 cup (180 g) semisweet or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Grease a tube pan* with oil and lightly dust with potato starch. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thickened. Add the sugar and salt slowly, beating constantly, until mixture is lemon colored. Add the mashed banana and potato flour while beating. Once blended, gently mix in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into egg yolk mixture until egg whites are just incorporated. Pour batter evenly into the prepared tube pan and bake for 45 minutes, until cake bounces back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool upside down for about 30 minutes. When ready to serve, remove from the pan and place onto a serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with fresh berries or fresh sliced bananas, if desired.
This recipe was featured in Simply Gluten Free Magazine. Get your subscription to the magazine and never miss an issue!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.