Vibrant, tart, and fresh, this Grapefruit Salad is a great way to make an entrance to a springtime meal.
- 1 large grapefruit
- 5 cups (150 g) spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium heirloom tomato , sliced
- ¼ medium red onion , julienned
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Peel the grapefruit and carefully slice it to remove the citrus slices from the inner membranes. Toss the salad greens with the grapefruit, tomato, and red onion. Sprinkle the salad with a bit of salt, and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 1040IU21%
Vitamin C 24mg29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This recipe was featured in Simply Gluten Free Magazine. Get your subscription to the magazine and never miss an issue!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.