Sugar-Free French Quarter Cheese Spread
Valentine’s Day is Sunday, but if you’re not big on sweets and instead want to make a fun snack or appetizer to share with your significant other while watching movies together, this Sugar-Free French Quarter Cheese Spread is the perfect recipe.
This appetizer is sweet and spicy – like all good relationships should be! This cheese spread is made sweet with the help of Swerve brown sugar alternative, a sugar-free substitute that doesn’t spike blood sugar. It’s made spicy with cayenne pepper, savory with Worcestershire sauce, tangy with dried mustard, and crunchy with chopped pecans. It’s essentially the best of all worlds, if I do say so myself.
This recipe is also named after the place that Swerve originates – New Orleans! And, it’s fitting because Mardi Gras is next Tuesday.
Shop This Post
Gluten-Free Sugar-Free French Quarter Cheese Spread Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Swerve Brown
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Gluten-free crackers for serving
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese with the onion and garlic powders. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to a couple days ahead.
- Before serving, unwrap the cheese and place on a platter.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the butter and let melt. Lower the heat to medium-low, add the Swerve, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Heat, stirring frequently, until the Swerve is completely melted and everything is well incorporated. Let cool a few minutes then spoon the mixture over the cheese. Serve with crackers.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.