Gluten-Free Korean Beef Tacos
Well, isn’t this just PERFECT timing … a taco recipe for Taco Tuesday. How serendipitous! Whoever created the hype around “Taco Tuesday” is a genius in my opinion, because what better pick-me-up than a fun dinner like tacos at the start of the week! This delicious gluten-free Korean Beef Tacos recipe is just what you need to jazz up your weeknight dinner menu.
These are rather easy and contain a good amount of veggies in addition to the savory ground beef. The Korean BBQ sauce, which really makes this dish pop, comes from San-J and is non-GMO and certified gluten-free.
Check out more Korean-inspired gluten-free recipes.
Gluten-Free Korean Beef Tacos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil , divided
- 1 large red onion , diced (divided)
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup San-J Gluten-Free Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 12 corn tortillas , heated
- 12 bib lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reserve ¼ cup of the onion for garnish and add the rest to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any fat. Add the Korean BBQ sauce and heat through. Keep warm until serving time.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to another skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the kimchi and sugar. Cook, stirring, until caramelized and heated through, 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the Sriracha. Mix the reserved onion with the cilantro and sesame seeds. Spread the heated tortillas with a little of the mayonnaise mixture on each tortilla, top with a lettuce leaf, the beef, the kimchi, and finally the onion, cilantro, sesame seed mixture.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.