Gluten-Free Tomato Bruschetta
Bruschetta with fresh, sweet tomatoes, vibrant basil, and a touch of garlic, served on toasted slices of gluten-free bread is one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. This Gluten-Free Tomato Bruschetta is an ideal appetizer for a summer gathering with friends.
- 3-4 large ripe tomatoes (any variety will work, but best quality is essential)
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (15 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon (0.6 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 slices gluten-free bread or baguette
- Dice the tomatoes, season with salt, and place in a large strainer. Set aside for 20 minutes and let them drain off excess juice.
- In a large bowl, toss together drained tomatoes, vinegar, and basil. Season with black pepper and red pepper flakes. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and toss to combine. Let marinate for at least 1 hour. This will allow the flavors to soak and blend together.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly brush both sides of each bread slice with the remaining olive oil to ensure that both sides get golden brown and crispy, and place on the baking sheet. Toast bread until golden, 5-7 minutes, turning halfway through baking. Remove from the oven and transfer to plates.
- Spoon tomatoes on top of bread just before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.