Meringues are a go-to gluten-free dessert for many people because they are naturally gluten-free. These Mini Pavlovas are adorable and versatile. Fill them with fresh berries or anything else you’d like for a show-stopping treat.
Servings: 6 pavlovas
For the pavlovas:
- 4 large egg whites , room temperature
- ½ teaspoon (1.6 g) cream of tartar
- 1 cup (200 g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (240 mL) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add the egg whites and cream of tartar to a large bowl. Use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to beat the egg whites on medium-low speed until soft peaks form.
- Once the egg whites can hold a soft peak, slowly add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, continuing to mix the whole time, until all the sugar is added. When the meringue is ready, it should be very thick.
- Divide the meringue into 6-8 mounds on the prepared pan, leaving some space between each mound, as they will spread when they bake. (Bake on two baking sheets, if needed.) Form each mound into a round nest with an indentation in the center.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven for 3 hours to dry out and cool slowly. Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Before serving, make the whipped cream by beating together the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- To serve, fill each mini pavlova with whipped cream and top with fresh berries.
Meringue can be weather sensitive. For best results, prepare these in a low-humidity environment on a dry day.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8g40%
Vitamin A 500IU10%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.