Gluten-Free Asian Spring Pea & Asparagus Salad
Fresh and vibrant, this Gluten-Free Asian Spring Pea & Asparagus Salad is one bright green salad! It’s filled with fresh, snappy, crisp veggies and topped with pickled radishes (trust me, the pickling is easy – I’m a quick-pickling type of gal).
To pickle the radishes and to make the salad dressing, you’re going to need some rice vinegar – I used Marukan’s organic rice vinegar. The vinegar gets mixed with olive oil, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce for a delicious dressing that imparts an Asian-inspired flavor into the salad. You’re going to love this springtime salad!
Check out more gluten-free salad recipes.
Watch this recipe in action!
Gluten-Free Asian Spring Pea & Asparagus Salad Recipe
For the Pickled Radishes:
- ½ cup Marukan Organic Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher or fine sea salt
- 6 - 8 radishes , sliced very thinly
For the Salad:
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 bunch asparagus , trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Marukan Organic Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 pound frozen edamame , thawed and at room temperature
- ½ pound frozen peas , thawed and at room temperature
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shelled, roasted, and salted pistachios, chopped
Prepare the pickled radishes:
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Place radishes in a small bowl. Pour liquid over and let sit at room temperature to cool.
Prepare the salad:
- Prepare a bowl of ice water. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and submerge completely in the ice water. Drain again and dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a small jar, combine the oil, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce. Shake well.
- Place the asparagus in a serving bowl along with the edamame and peas. Add drained radishes. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Add the arugula and toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the pistachios and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.