Gluten-Free Grilled Seafood Salad
Father’s Day is today! And summer officially begins tomorrow! Which means you might just be planning on doing some grilling, am I right? This Gluten-free Grilled Seafood Salad combines a nice char-taste with the lightness of a salad, perfect for a Father’s Day meal or a summer cookout.
For the dressing, I used Marukan Organic Seasoned Rice Vinegar, sesame oil, gluten-free soy sauce, sriracha sauce, garlic paste, ginger paste, and olive oil. The result is a flavorful punch, sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Gluten-Free Grilled Seafood Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Marukan Organic Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- ½ tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 12 ounces large(16-20 per pound) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 12 ounces squid , bodies only
- 6 cups spring salad mix
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare grill for direct heat and preheat to medium-high.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, garlic and ginger pastes in a small jar. Shake until fully combined. Pour about ¼ of the dressing into a separate bowl.
- Pat the shrimp, scallops, and squid dry with paper towels. Brush the seafood with the dressing you poured out. Discard after brushing. Put the shrimp and scallops into a grill basket that has been sprayed with oil.
- Oil the grates of the grill well. Place the grill basket on the grill and the squid bodies directly on the grates. (Can also be threaded on skewers and grilled if no grill pan.) Grill the shrimp and scallops until opaque, about 1½ - 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Grill the squids until charred and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Let cool enough to handle then cut into rings and add to the shrimp and scallops. Pour on some of the dressing and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the salad greens in a salad bowl, toss with some dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the seafood, toss gently, and serve.
Watch this recipe in action!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.