Gluten-Free Mini Tex-Mex Meatloaves
Ah, the classic meatloaf. I love to make it, but my grandkids fear to eat it – until now. These Gluten-Free Mini Tex-Mex Meatloaves are a game changer for family dinners. Plus, they only take 20 minutes to cook instead of an hour!
These meatloaves are also great if you’re needing to use up some extra chips (I used Xochitl tortilla chips). The ingredients for the mixture are so simple, too: the crushed chips, beef, onion, bell pepper, cheese, eggs, taco seasoning and salsa. I find that the Xochitl Chunky Stone Ground Salsa is best to give the meatloaves a perfect texture with a bit of spice.
Don’t forget to top your mini meatloaves with sour cream and salsa. I also like to stick an extra tortilla chip on top. Leftovers make great snacks, and they even taste good cold!
Get more gluten-free kid-friendly recipes.
Gluten-Free Mini Tex-Mex Meatloaves Recipe
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium white or yellow onion , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , deveined, seeded, and diced
- 2 cups grated Mexican cheese blend , divided
- 1 cup crushed Xochitl corn chips (crushed then measured), plus more whole chips for garnish
- ¾ cup Xochitl Chunky Stone Ground Salsa , divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 packet gluten free taco seasoning
- ¼ cup sour cream , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 18 standard muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beef, onion, bell pepper, 1 cup cheese, the crushed corn chips, ½ cup salsa, eggs, and taco seasoning. Combine thoroughly. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the meatloaves are cooked through.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and put bake in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove the meatloaves from the pan, top with salsa and sour cream and garnish with whole corn chips.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.