Gluten-Free Grilled Vegetable Skewers
‘Tis the season for grilling, and although I love a good burger on the grill, vegetables on the grill are really something special. If you’re trying to pack in more veggies for yourself or your kids, grilling them imparts a delicious flavor that really brings out the natural flavors in the veggies. These Gluten-Free Grilled Vegetable Skewers are a fine example.
For this recipe, I made a tasty sauce that I basted the veggies with using San-J’s 28% less sodium tamari, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. I used yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, and cherry tomatoes but you can omit any of those or add other veggies you like. The key is to ensure they are uniform in size.
Check out more gluten-free grilling recipes.
Gluten-Free Grilled Vegetable Skewers Recipe
- 16 wooden skewers
- ¼ cup San-J 28% Less Sodium Tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic , grated
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow squash , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces button mushrooms , ends trimmed and wiped clean
- 2 red, yellow, or orange peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion , cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine the tamari, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers. Place on a half sheet pan or baking dish. Brush generously with the sauce.
- Prepare grill for direct heat and pre-heat to medium. Oil the grates.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Grill, turning and brushing with the sauce every 2-3 minutes, until tender, 8-10 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.