- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons blanched almond meal
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons quinoa flakes
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, quinoa flakes, xanthan gum, salt, parsley, onion powder, and garlicpowder. In a separate bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk the eggs, oil, and water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, carefully scoop portions of the “not-zah” ball mixture directly into the boiling water. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove “not-zah” balls with a slotted spoon and serve in hot chicken or vegetable soup.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Add your email address to receive posts/recipes via email