- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400oF. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the halves, cut side up, in a large baking dish and add about 1 inch of water to the pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until fork-tender. Cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375oF. Spray a 9x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until softened and lightly browned. Add the artichokes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for a few more minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Using a fork, scoop the stringy flesh out of the squash shells. Measure out 4 cups of cooked spaghetti squash into a large bowl. Add the cooked leeks and artichokes to the bowl with the squash.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and egg yolks in a small bowl. Beat the egg yolks with the dill an d nutmeg, and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the vegetable mixture. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the kugel is lightly browned on top. Cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Written by Cara Lyons
Ready for dessert?
Simply…Gluten-Free Desserts is now available, with over 135 recipes not featured in my blog.
Available at bookstores including Barnes & Noble, Borders, Powells, Books-a-Million and Amazon. You can get it also HERE.
“I can now have recipes I know I can count on for every Dessert and Breakfast occasion! I’m thrilled!” – A. M.
“I am amazed! This recipe is BETTER than the ‘regular-with-gluten’ recipe! Thanks so much, Carol” – V. P.
“I love your gluten free recipes – I can now have my desserts.” – F.R.
Need a quick meal?
Simply…Gluten-Free Quick Meals is now available, with over 100 recipes not featured in my blog.
“The “Simply” in ‘Simply … Gluten-Free Quick Meals’ doesn’t just make for a catchy title. The recipes in this cookbook truly are quick and easy to prepare. – A. C.
“I set the timer on two separate nights and made two complete meals from Carol’s latest cookbook in 30-40 minutes. They not only pleased my family, but gave me new recipes and techniques to get dinner on the table faster every night.” – W. K.
“I love the way this book is laid out – full meals I can make in no time. Love the sense of fun and humor in this book but mostly I love all the gluten free recipes -.” – J. F.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Add your email address to receive posts/recipes via email